Welcome!

You have befallen into The Gathering. Welcome, and feel free to post your own comments. Thank you.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

How is this SH?

The question I have heard from many people is, how is hugging sexual harassment? Even though I myself was not here on the day of May 5th, 2010, I heard that our entire class had a talk about sexual harassment. But why isn't it "safe" to hug a friend? Basically, thoughts I have heard from people are things like, "It's not like we are hugging strangers," or "It's not like I'm getting naked and doing things." So why exactly is it? Possibly because the world isn't as "free" as everyone says it is? If they take away hugging, what's next? I agree with many people, that hugging is the kindest form of a "hello" anyone can give. It's like saying, giving a friend a handshake is sexual harassment because it is contact between two people. I can see from a standpoint that hugging is unbusiness like, but what's the point? Are you suppose to be afraid to hug your own mother, is that sexual harassment? I know not of one person who I've ever hugged to be uncomfortable with it, so why should everyone else? Everyday I constantly hear people complain about seeing people in relationships hug and kiss, and hear people say "get a room." But then I turn around, and they are doing the same thing. Is it really sexual harassment to them, or a cry for attention?



-A Dark Corridor

No comments:

Post a Comment